Monday, April 25, 2011

Fashion News: Lauren Conrad with ALLURE Magazine launches thebeautydeapartment.com



     Confession: Every time Lauren Conrad graces the cover of a magazine, I rush to newsstands as fast as I can to get my hands on a copy. I don't even want to admit how many magazines I own with Lauren on the cover. And once I heard that she was going to be the May covergirl of Allure Magazine, her first one in months since she was one of the many faces of ELLE Magazine's anniversary issue, I knew it was going to be good. Then the reality star turned fashion designer, turned author began to drop hints in her twitter account about an upcoming beauty project with Allure. And on April 19, 2011, thebeautydepartment.com launched with the help of her make up artist, Amy Nadine and hair stylist Kristin Ess




     The idea behind The Beauty Department is simple enough -- Lauren, along with Amy and Kristin will be covering all kinds of beauty related topics from hair trends, to nails, and of course make up! There will be plenty of tutorials and how-to's and even a tab for beauty obsessions and inspirations. When the site launched on April 19, it has already covered my favorite topics like the ombre trend in nail polish and a how-to tutorial on how to achieve those old Hollywood waves! LOVELOVELOVE! Rumor has it that this is just the beginning of Lauren's expansion of her fashion and beauty empire with talks of launching her very own line of cosmetics and hair products in the near future. Uhm, yes please! So I guess it's more than appropriate that the theme song to her cancelled MTV show was "Roll with the Punches" by Lenka. When life knocks you down, aka when a network that should really consider dropping the 'M' in its name, you just get up, dust yourself off, launch a beauty website and expand your very successful empire. Take that! 

     So check out thebeautydepartment.com! And follow them on Twitter @TBDOfficial along with Lauren (@LaurenConrad) Amy Nadine (@amynadine) and Kristin Ess (@Kristin_Ess) I know that you guys are gonna love it as much as I do! I'm already trying out the tutorials as we speak..  





Love, KB

No comments:

Post a Comment